As you are not a mermaid, you have to act like one. This is a quick and easy step-by-step guide to help you!
1) Grow out your hair so it is long. If you have really short hair, try to grow it out to at least shoulder length. Wear sea accessories in your hair, such as starfish shapes shell barrettes, or strands of green ribbon that appear like seaweed etc.
2) Act like you have something to hide. Try not to go near water at school, work or in public places etc.
3) Use make-up to enhance the watery look. If you really want to get into this, buy waterproof paint and you can paint your face to look mystical. Or, make good use of blues and greens, including sparkling make-up as depicted in this photo.
4) Use mood-changing items. Mermaids' tail, hair color, and nails change color with their mood; just as the seawater's surrounding them change color rapidly with the changing light. To replicate this, you could try Mood nail polish. If you can't find any mood nail polish, then try using greens and blues on your nails to give that watery effect. Mood rings, bracelets and anklets might also be suitable additions.
5) Wear shell jewelry. Items made from shells and pearls remind humans of the sea and are definitely the items of choice for mermaids.
6) Choose a name. Think of something that conjures up the ocean, seashore or the depths. Use a geography book to assist you, or read old myths about sea maidens. or use your real name! That makes it seam more realistic!
7) Select your mermaid's character and background. Naturally, mermaids have personalities and feelings. Choose what you would like to do and where you would like to live. Good suggestions include deep waters, cold waters, etc. Reflect your choice of living space in your clothing colors, including green, blue, purple, turquoise, brown, red and pink, and flashes of gold etc.
8) Hang around water . If you live in an apartment, you can go to the pool almost everyday. If you live near the beach, you can go in a small cave with water in it and play. If you live in a regular town house, go to your local pool and do it with a friend. If you have your own pool, you're good to go!
9) Make your room into a mermaid's paradise (Look on other page of website)
10) Do the mermaid spell!
How to make your room like a mermaids!
Great Video to go with these instructions!
1) make or buy blue or white curtains! If you don't have that much money, take down your curtains and decorate them with blue and white spots and bubbles, or any way you choose! Shells are great to! Super glue them to your curtains! Really personalize them!
2) Buy bedsheets with pictures of dolphins, sea creatures, mermaids, shells etc. Plain blue or white is good enough! Again, if you have no money, use your skills to personalize ones you already have!
3) Wall colour: Paint it a blue colour. If you have lots of white in the room, its a good idea. If you have lots of blue in the room, pain your walls white. If you can not pain your walls, there are plenty of wall stickers out there for you to choose from! I would recommend fishes or dolphins!
4) If you have ordinary desks, cupboards etc you can paint them or personalize them. Again, stick sea shells to the doors!
5) Add mermaid and fish figures or drawings or pictures!